Tuesday, June 15, 2010

no excuses!

Went back to "work" today and man does it feel good to be upright. I'm taking it easy this week, but really want to start running again. Just came from the crappy little cinderblock gym they carved out for lowly grad students where I walked for 1/2 hour on the treadmill...the most exercise I've gotten in over a month. It was so hard to walk like an 80 year old woman, I wanted to run so badly. Oh well, soon enough I guess. I think chemo starts next week or the week after and I want to be at least jogging by then. The prevailing theory now a days is that the more exercise you do, the easier time you have with chemo...we'll see. I would love to train for the marathon I'm signed up for in October, but I think that might be a stupid move. I could see training for a half, but somewhere around 18 miles, I think it does the body more harm then good. Who knows if I'll even be up for any running once I start chemo..again...we'll see...again...the story of my life. Feeling pretty good these days:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm scheduled to run a marathon in Nov... I'll run for you, you fight cancer! I know, I know... we signed up to run a marathon... not live one, right?

    Hang in there. Praying for your fight!

    ReplyDelete