Monday, June 21, 2010

empowerment

I've always loved a challenge, so I've posed one to myself. It's the greatest one I've faced yet and want more then anything to succeed. Here it goes... Can I do this well, can I live in the moment without fear for the rest of my life, no matter how long or short that may be? This is something I'll have to work up to, I'm practicing it now as often as I can..I'd say I'm at about 20% so far. Those moments are golden though, in fact, I'm in one right now. Just dropped the girls off for the day and on the ride home I just let it all in. The sharpness of the morning shadows cast from the bright summer sun, the passion of the artists on the radio, the feeling of my leather steering wheel, the deep channels of my lungs fiiling with air, the tears of joy or sadness combined to form some completely new emotion that I've never heard described and can't quite find words for here, the feeling of empowerment. Can I do this well? You bet your ass I can!

4 comments:

  1. Yeap, you bet your butt you can and will! Living in the moment is so awesome!!
    Love ya, us

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just pictured you tossing your hat in the air ala Mary Tyler Moore in your moment of empowerment! May you have MANY more every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a challenge for each one of us. . . I'm in! Now where's the training manual?

    ReplyDelete