Saturday, July 10, 2010

why do I read the literature?

A tumor by any other name would metastasize so frequently? It really is depressing folks, so I don't know why I do it. But like the mangled pieces of metal, that used to be nothing more then a monthly payment, politely moved over to the side of the highway so as to not interrupt other people who still have lives, the literature always temps me to take a peek. When I do, I see bodies thrown from the cars..they most have not been wearing their seat belts. Those cars most have flipped at least 4 or 5 times...surely there are no survivors. These are no ordinary accidents, most people have never seen anything so gruesome, so how could I not look? It's a bit demoralizing, but I'll get over it..time will make sure of that. I'm considering putting a governor on my pubmed access!

2 comments:

  1. My scan on Monday was purposely scheduled to be the same day as the follow-up so I would not be tempted to google in between. As if things would change in three months with a cancer where the papers start: a retrospective study of the 89 patients at between 1980 and 2005......

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I once saw a cartoon that showed a Doctor at his desk writing a prescription. The caption said: " And this is something for you to take before you Google your Symptoms".

    ReplyDelete