Saturday, July 17, 2010

ode to a hemorrhoid

Should we go to the beach? The cabin? hiking? swimming? Nah, let's go to the ER and get that bright red blood spewing forth from an orifice which shall rename nameless checked out. I haven't started the chemo that makes you bleed yet, so this episode was particularly worrisome. When I called Dana and described the situation, the nurses words were," oh jeez, get to an ER now", which made it all the more comforting. So off we went, not sure if this was from chemo side effects, from a metastasis to the GI tract or from something unrelated to cancer (although when you try on my shoes, the snugness of fit is due at least in part to cancer). They ran a couple tests and decided to perform a colonoscopy. joy. with a stay overnight in the hospital for the prep. joy squared. If you've ever had the pleasure of prepping for one of these lovely, integrity stealing
procedures, you've also known the pleasure of MoviPrep. It's a Peg350 wash of the entire GI. Good times with PEG. I'll never look at my crystal drops the same again (we use various PEGs to make proteins crystallize). In the end (pun intended), everything turned out to be fine. The bottom line (again, sorry), was that there was an internal hemorrhoid just waiting for the right time to show it's glory. Thanks alot you A hole!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry you had to go thru that experience (especially Go Lightly drinking for today's test). Totally breathed many big, huge, happy sighs of relief when Ted called with the end results! Oh we want to to say, your haircut is so very awesome beautiful on you! Love us B & B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that you are feeling better! Your post made me life when I saw everything turned out alright!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant made my day! I need to proof read before I hit post!

    ReplyDelete