Thursday, November 10, 2011

Moving on

One of the silver linings of this disease is that wounds heal fast. There's no time to worry about things you can't change. It's as futile as trying to change a person. It's easy to regain your balance when you start from solid ground. My heart goes out to people who have a flimsy base and who falter in patterns during the short time we have to enjoy this world. All I have to do is look at my children and I'm grounded, when they hug me, I melt right into the fabric of the moment.

1 comment:

  1. You write so beautifully and with such insight. We simply must enjoy the moments we have! Children are amazing gifts and model this with their uninhibited joy and love. They are naturals at living in the moment and it is wonderful to be caught up with them!

    Just wanted you to know, on my drives into work I've been trying to take a Corrie-like attitude. What is better, worrying about the same old stuff I can't control or enjoying a sweeping landscape of late autumn colors against a brilliant blue sky? I think we both know the answer :) Life, it is to be enjoyed! You continue to inspire me and encourage me to take the better route, the one that makes better use of my time.

    ReplyDelete