Thursday, January 27, 2011

It's not my fight, it's our fight

The other day I was walking down the hall at work when a colleague stopped to ask how I was feeling. Surprised by my answer of "oh just fine, thank you, how are you", she proceeded to look stunned that I wasn't falling apart, both physically and emotionally. "So, you just get up every morning and keep going?" she asked in disbelief. I guess from the outside, it may seem an alien concept to some that life is right now, and I'm entitled to live it in as fear free a manner as they are. Right now, I am so not focused on my place in the grand cancer scheme, but have my heart 100% wrapped around my friends who are deeper in the trenches. If you want to see tough, you can look into their eyes. If you want to know a warrior, you can talk to their parents. If you want to see the meaning of life, you can watch them fight for that next breath. I feel very privileged, I've learned so much about life and will continue to do so as we fight together.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could find that word to describe you. I might just have to invent one!

    I completely echo your sentiments. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift with the written word! (now if we can just get you up to speed on your spelling! LOL Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a word or perhaps 2 words amazingly fierce!

    ReplyDelete