Wednesday, December 15, 2010

RIP Ken Coppola

Ken was one of the first people I connected with when I was diagnosed. He's the tough atlanta city cop I alluded to in the speech I gave about angiosarcoma at this years Umass cancer walk. Ken was a soldier, a detective, a husband, and most important to him, a father. He had reached out to many of us in an effort to ensure that someone would be able to convey his love to his 4 year old son Rocco. This amazingly deep love was not enough to keep him alive, but it certainly stamped him inside of time.... It's burned into me. I can't believe I'm talking about him in the past tense..just like that.

2 comments:

  1. Crying tears of sorrow for any and every obvious reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all so vulnerable.....Jenny's Mom

    ReplyDelete