Wednesday, October 6, 2010

all the good science

It's really happening folks, all the good science is going to start. With some seed money, the project is rolling, but we still need to fund it and it's NOT cheap. 150k year one and 180k year 2. We're at 8k so far and I'm thrilled that we raised that in one week! I'm very touched by the generosity of my friends and family. I also wish I had a dollar for every time I hear, oh yeah, I was just about to donate..or maybe a dollar for every time I've been blown off all together regarding this. There are some important people in my life that have decided to ignore this altogether and that's a little depressing. I'm not asking anyone to mortgage their house, just 10 bucks or 500k, either one is fine. From some people, it would be nice just to get a reply, that's really cheap. Regardless, we're moving forward with this and are brainstorming ideas for corporate sponsorship. Anyone with inside leads to corporations who might want to give money to cancer research, feel free to contact me!

2 comments:

  1. Corrie,
    With our company kicking off the United Way campaign (sure many companies are), I donated half of my annual donation to your organization. That is $520. Put it to work on behalf of the Tiberio family!!

    I am posting this to share that if you make a donation via the United Way through work, you can direct your funds to a specific qualified 501 (c)3 organization.
    Priscilla Tiberio and family (Gina's sister in law)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG thank you sooo much!!!! I will definately let people know!!

    ReplyDelete