Thursday, February 16, 2012

The little drummer boy

People often use war analogies when describing their experiences with cancer. I've never been to war, but I have CNN. As for whether cancer comes close? We battle, We fight, we win, we loose. We loose body parts, we loose friends, we loose our sanity.
I feel like my role in this war is more akin to the little drummer boy than any warrior that might have a real weapon. I walk through tragedies trying to give focus to the battle. I am defenseless, but move forward through the carnage hoping that I will be able to keep my rhythm without falling.
I have CNN, NBC, google news and access to all the worlds information at my disposal every second of every day. I think it's time to bring the cameras a little closer to this war of ours...maybe we'd at least get a better soundtrack than me on a drum.

No comments:

Post a Comment