Wednesday, July 11, 2012

From Bedside to Bench

Two years ago, I was recovering from my second surgery while trying to find space in my brain to host my new identity..cancer victim. I never went through the "why me" phase of acceptance, I just decided to move forward and make the most of whatever time I was alloted. I've talked often about the progress that we've made as a group with Angiosarcoma Awareness, I can't help but feel extremely lucky for being able to play a role, however small, in the lives of others going through this catastrophic event. Two years ago, I became empowered in a way that would never have been revealed to me without the diagnosis of angiosarcoma. I'm about to begin a new phase of my life, I'm going to the bench to conduct cancer research. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment